Information for international students
Please help us prevent further spread of the coronavirus and follow these instructions:
- If you have been to a region within the last 14 days where the infection rate is currently quite high,
- If you have been in contact with someone infected with the coronavirus within the last 14 days,
- If you show symptoms that suggest you are infected,
please follow these guidelines:
- Immediately contact Dr. Monika Katz, Head of International Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +49 211 4351-8123.
- Stay at home and avoid any contact with other people.
The International Office will help you with the next steps. If you want to contact a doctor yourself: Do not go to see a doctor, but ask for advice by phone first to minimise the risk of further infections.
Suspected cases of infection according to the Robert Koch Institute:
1) Persons who show respiratory symptoms (regardless of their severity) and who have had contact with a confirmed or probable case of 2019-nCoV within 14 days prior to the onset of symptoms.
2) Persons suffering from acute respiratory syndrome involving the lower respiratory tract (pneumonia diagnosed by infiltrates in an x-ray) and who have stayed in a risk area within 14 days prior to the onset of symptoms.
Please remember: You have no reason to panic. Of course, the coronavirus is dangerous. However, most patients experience coronavirus as a mild to moderate illness and not every cold or cough indicates an infection with the coronavirus. Please stay calm – we are here to help you!
In case of any questions, please contact Dr. Monika Katz (see contact details above). We hope you stay healthy!
Please note: Effective 13 July 2020,
wearing a mask inside HSD buildings is compulsory.