ERASMUS / Non EU-Partner Universities
The application as an exchange student is processed by your home university in the first instance. Please enquire about cooperation between your university and Hochschule Düsseldorf at your own International Office.
If a cooperation agreement exists, you can study at HSD for one or two semesters as an exchange student within this partnership and with admission from your home university.
How to apply for a study exchange at HSD:
- Contact the International Office of your home university. Your home university nominates you officially for an exchange at HSD.
- After receiving your nomination, the International Office will get in touch with you and provide you with all the relevant information regarding the application procedure. Please make sure to check your spam/junk mail folder as the email coming from the International Office might end up there.
- You have to apply online via our application platform within the deadline. The International Office will sent you the registration link for the application platform after receiving your nomination.
Required documents for application as an exchange student are:
- Copy of student identity card
- Transcript of Records (translated in English or German if possible)
- Learning Agreement (overview of courses to be taken)
- Proof of German and/or English language proficiency (the language requirement vary from faculty to faculty, please check our Information Sheet)
- Portfolio (only for students applying for the Faculty of Design or the Faculty of Architecture)
You can apply for accommodation in the halls of residence via our online application platform. We would like to point out that there is a limited number of places and we cannot guarantee accommodation. Please meet the application deadlines in any case. The costs for accommodation in the halls of residence vary, depending on the type, between 300 and 400 Euros per month.
Winter Semester or Academic Year:
15 June or
15 May if you are applying for accommodation in the halls of residence
15 December or
31 October if you are applying for accommodation in the halls of residence