German language certificates
Most study programmes at Hochschule Düsseldorf are taught in German. Therefore you will need extensive German language knowledge in order to complete your studies successfully. Your language proficiency will need to be certificated.
This does not apply for the master study programme in Mechanical Engineering, which is taught in English.
To be enrolled in a study programme taught in German at HSD, you need to have obtained one of the following language certificates:
- DSH-2 or DSH-3
- TestDaF certificate of TestDaF institute with a minimum of level 4 in all parts
- “Deutsches Sprachdiplom (Stufe II) der Kultusministerkonferenz” (DSD II)
- Entry Examination of a Studienkolleg "Feststellungsprüfung"
- "Abschlusszertifikat C 1.2" from the Sprachforum Heinrich Heine or „Zertifikat C 1.2" from the IIK in Düsseldorf, Germany
- Goethe-Zertifikat C 2: Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom (GDS)
- Kleines (KSD) or Großes (GSD) Sprachdiplom from the Goethe Institute
- Zentraleoberstufenprüfung (ZOP) certificate from the Goethe Institute
- "telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule"
Other language certificates (e.g. C1 from Hartnackschule, DAF-test from Dolmetscher Institut Münster, tests from another university or university degrees in German studies) are NOT accepted. If you are unsure about whether or not your language certificate is sufficient, please contact the International Office at HSD for advice.
The German language certificate does not have to be presented with your application papers. However, you are required to submit the certificate as a certified copy at the time of enrolment. The latest date to submit it is September 30 (when enrolling for winter semester) or March 31 (when enrolling for summer semester).
German language courses
Should you not have one of the abovementioned language certificates, you can apply for the free German language course offered by HSD. The application form, as well as further information, is available here.
You can also search for language courses and test centres to take Test DaF, DSH at fadaf.de.
Language school in Düsseldorf are among others, Sprachforum Heinrich Heine, IIK, GoAcademy and Goethe Institute .