The prime objective of a Completion of Studies Grant is to help high-performing foreign students to concentrate on their studies in the last phase of their programme (thesis, final exams) by providing financial support.
The grant is around € 300 per month and generally awarded for three months. The total sum is therefore around € 900. Students have no legal claim to a grant.
Please read theinformation sheet carefully.
1. Application Requirements
Application for the Completion of Studies Grant is possible for students of foreign nationals who have completed their school education outside Germany and who are currently enrolled at HSD with the objective of gaining a university degree. Applicants need to be in the final phase of their studies (completion within a year).
Exchange students and students who have received their university entrance qualification in Germany cannot be considered for this scholarship.
2. Application Deadlines
The Completion of Studies Grants is awarded three times a year.
- 1st deadline 15 February
- 2nd deadline 15 June
- 3rd deadline 15 October
3. Application Documents
- Application form completed in full, printed and signed
- Current Transcript of Records with indication of current GPA
- CV in tabular form
- Statement from the Examinations Office regarding the anticipated date when the applicant will complete his or her degree
- Copy of registration of the final degree thesis, if available
- Appraisal form (appraisal of the degree thesis) completed by a professor in the respective faculty
- Copy of your passport (only the page with your personal data)
- Bank statements from the last three months
- Certificats of voluntary work, if available
To complete the forms on your PC, please save them first!
Please submit all your documents (single copy) to:
Hochschule Düsseldorf - University of Applied Sciences, International Office, F.A.O. Maria Maar
Münsterstraße 156, Building 2, 40476 Düsseldorf
T +49 (0)211 / 43 51 81 40; email@example.com
The DAAD makes funds available to HSD each year for Completion of Studies Grants. The International Office’s decisions regarding the award of grants are therefore dependent on the availability of DAAD funds.