1. How can I currently reach the International Office?
Although we have suspended our office hours in light of the current situation, you can still reach us via mail and phone.
2. Where can I find more information on the measures taken by Hochschule Düsseldorf regarding the coronavirus?
Current news and information on the measures taken at Hochschule Düsseldorf due to the coronavirus crisis are available here.
3. What deadlines do I have to keep in mind for the upcoming summer semester?
The application period is expected to start on 1.12.2020
15.01.2021 for programmes with restricted admission
15.02.2021 for programmes with unrestricted admissions
For higher semesters, the application period should start middle of February and is expected to end on 15.03.2021
Find an indepth explanation of the application process for international applicants here.
4. When can I register for the artistic aptitude test?
01.11.2020 to 01.02.2021 for the bachelor programmes in the Faculty of Design
beginning of February until 28.02.2021 for the bachelor in Architecture and Interior Design
beginning of March until 15. 04 2021 for the master programmes in the Faculty of Architecture
beginning of March until 01.05.2021 for the master programmes in the Faculty of Design
Registration for the aptitude test is via bewerbung.hs-duesseldorf.de
5. I have to submit my application via uni-assist but I cannot find Hochschule Düsseldorf on uni-assist.
Since the application period has not yet started, you cannot find Hochschule Düsseldorf on uni-assist. Once the application period starts (approx. on 1 December 2020), you will be able to find and apply for our courses.
6. Due to restrictions in my country, I cannot have my documents certified before the application deadline. What can I do?
For the upcoming summer semester 2021, you do not have to send certified documents to uni-assist as part of your application.
Kindly submit all your application documents online before the application deadline.
Please note: You will need certified copies to enrol successfully if you do get admission.
7. Do I have to post my application documents to uni-assist?
No. You can submit your application online via uni-assist for this application period (Summer Semester 2021).
Should you be admitted to a programme, you will need to hand in your documents as certified copies to be able to enrol successfully.
8. I am unable to submit my German language certificate before the application deadline. Can I submit it later?
You do not need to submit your German language certificate with your application documents, but rather for your enrolment after gaining admission. Click here to find out more about the German language requirement.
9. The results of my English language test will not be available before the application deadline. What should I do?
The English language certificate is not required for the application. You can therefore apply without the English language certificate and hand it in with your enrolment documents.
The list of accepted English language certificates is available in the examination regulations of each programme.
10. When will the admission results be announced?
After applying, provided you meet all the requirements, your application will be forwarded to Hochschule Düsseldorf for the admission process. This process starts after the application deadline and takes about 6 weeks.
Click here for further information on the admission procedure.
11. I have been admitted to a programme. When is the registration deadline?
The registration deadline is mentioned in your letter of admission. Remember that we have to receive your enrolment documents before the enrolment deadline, otherwise you risk losing your admission.
12. When does the lecture period for the summer semester start?
The summer semester officially starts on 1 March 2021.
And lectures are scheduled to begin on 29 March 2021.
13. Will the coming semester be a digital one?
It is not yet certain if lectures in the coming summer semester will be held digitally.
14. I still have further questions about the admission process. Who can help me?
Our degree-seeking page offers information on the admission requirements and process. If however you still have questions, feel free to contact us: email@example.com